Open Water Diver qualifies students as competent and confident scuba divers. On completion of this course, divers are able to travel the world scuba diving.
This is just the start of a great adventure…
The SSI Open Water Diver certification includes theory (both online and in-person), six pool/confined water dives, and four open water dives.
Skills covered include:
– SSI & the SSI philosophy
– dive equipment use, checks & care
– entry & exit techniques
– buoyancy techniques
– regulator breathing, clearing & retrieval
– mask clearing, removal & replacement
– controlled descents & ascents
– finning techniques
– safety training (air sharing, equipment exchanges etc)
– free descents
– scuba-specific rescue skills
– To be age 10 and over
– To fill out a medical history form
Have questions or want to book different dates? Simply get in touch.