Not only is a stressed dive less fun, but it’s also far more dangerous. Acquire the skills and knowledge needed to spot stress, deal with it, prevent accidents, and handle emergency situations specific to diving.
The SSI Diver Stress & Rescue certification includes theory (both online and in-person), two pool/confined water dives, and three open water dives.
Sign up today to get involved with this fascinating course, and learn key skills which can be helpful both above and below water.
Topics covered include:
– what is stress?
– the stress response
– who is vulnerable to stress
– the psycho-respiratory cycle
– physical causes of stress
– psychological causes of stress
– equipment-related causes of stress & importance of kit maintenance
– environmental causes of stress
– detecting & dealing with stress in all stages of a dive trip
– creating a stress-free environment
– managing accidents
– rescuing an accident victim
– administering immediate care
– self-aid techniques
– buddy assist techniques & rescue
– rescuing an unconscious diver
– complications during rescues & how to avoid/deal with
– SSI Open Water Diver certificate
– Medical history form
– Proof of current training within two years of First Aid and CPR
– Age 12+
Speciality course prices can be found here.
To book on to this course, simply get in touch.